Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Friday, October 23, 2009

Today

What are you up to this chilly autumn day? I'm sitting here in the office with a cup of hot Pero, still in my pajamas by the way. I'm looking out the window at the hazy sky and watching all the little doves peck in the freshly plowed field for food. I've got the Scentsy brewing some yummy "Baked Apple Pie" (thanks to you Jen!) and am basking in its aromatherapy. I'm enjoying the moment. I am getting geared up for another long day of typing cardiology reports. In the past I've mostly done urology, but this week it's all cardiology. Somehow I feel more useful typing reports that deal with the heart versus reports about penile warts and erectile dysfunction. The heart is much more serious to me and obviously vital to life. It's intriguing. These reports have been consuming my life the last few days as I am still learning and they are much more involved than what I am used to. My house has gone to pot this week as I have not had any time at all to clean. I have clean laundry heaped up in the laundry basket in my room from MONDAY that still needs folding, the bathroom needs a good scrubbing, the fish bowl is green and just about out of water (somehow those fish keep hanging on!), and you don't want to see the kitchen! We've all been so busy. I spend all day working and then it seems like every evening we've had something going on. And it's not even the holidays yet. Crazy.

But as I sit here I am so extremely grateful to have a job and to be continually learning and expanding my knowledge. I love having an office where I can do my work. I just love the convenience of it all. If the office was clean and in order I'd take a cute little picture for the blog with my cup of Pero on the desk or something--you know, typical blog picture. But it's not. The desk is covered in papers and not a pretty sight. So instead here's a picture of what my office would look like if I had my pick and lots of extra mou-lah! Light and cheery, practical, and inviting to me to come on in and get to work. Don't you just love Pottery Barn? Have a pleasant, cozy day!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Nikki said...

i.m glad your house looks like mine! love the cozy thoughts...

Afton said...

My house was a disaster yesterday, and I usually wait til monday to get any cleaning done because what's the point of cleaning right before the weekend??? But I couldn't take it anymore and just had to have a spot where I could relax with a little order. So I only cleaned the kitchen (only...ha! a huge task) and the front room and family room and now I have a yankee candle going (Be Thankful) and am pretending the upstairs is not a giant disaster area. I love Fall.

Jen Howick said...

that was a hillarious post, especially when you mentioned what reports you usually type up! ;) But so glad you are using and enjoying your Scentsy! yea! And cheers to the Pottery Barn office, I have a lot of rooms that I wish I could pluck out of a PB catalog too!