I had to totally laugh when I came across this on the internet today. I was looking for a recipe and found one from the "White Trash Cooking" Cookbook. I know what I want for Christmas now (not really Ryan). Seems appropriate in times such as this with the mice and all. Makes me feel a little trashy, but hey, who said trashy life can't be good? We're livin' it up here in our rodent-infested homestead. So here's a recipe I thought y'all would enjoy, and yes, it's for reals. Please read health hazard warning below. Make and eat at your own risk.
Deep Fried Butter Pats
Freeze a stick of butter.
Flour
1 egg
Panko crumbs or if your heart can take it, use crushed up Ritz crackers.
Pan with 2 inches of vegetable oil or if your colon can handle it, use lard. It’s better.
First, cut the frozen butter into pats. There’s lines on the butter wrapper, use those as a guide. Take the egg and make egg wash with it. Dip the pats into flour first. Then dip them individually into the egg wash. Then coat the pats with the Panko or your breading of choice. Put them on a cookie sheet and freeze for about ten minutes and start heating up your oil. Once the oil is nice and hot, about 350 degrees, drop the pats in. Don’t be constantly stirring them, it will mess them up. Just fry on one side for a minute and turn them over gently with a fork and get the other side. Once done, place them on a paper towel to drain all that excess oil off. You know, because you don’t wanna have too much grease on your deep fried butter pats. Enjoy!
*This recipe may cause severe coronary heart disease, blocked arteries, above normal levels of cholesterol, birth defects, clogged colon, sphincter tears, cardiovascular malfunction, and bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract.
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









3 comments:
That is really disgusting.
That is hillarious!
this sounds like a bit from the Colbert Report's Health Report. He comes up with all kinds of fake side effects the fake drugs might cause. It's hilarious.
Post a Comment