One major advantage to having Ryan in school is that he gets lots of breaks--Christmas break, Spring break, and the summer off. We have really been enjoying this the last almost three years. It makes all the time he spends away from home worth it when he can be with us during these breaks. I'm glad we have 4 more years to do this. Ryan finished his last final last night. He's free! I love when he's around because it gets me so much more motivated about everything and it's so nice having another person to help drive the kids where they need to be. We're all looking forward to spending lots of time together this Christmas season.
Today is another snowy, cold day. Snow is falling and everything is still and quiet. I don't have any work today so I think I'll make it a sewing day. I have projects and Christmas gifts just waiting for me to finish. I still don't feel 100% comfortable with sewing but I enjoy it a lot. The whole bobbin changing/reloading thing is still a little iffy but I'm getting there. I really don't want to have to go anywhere today in this weather. I think I'm going to go braid my hair, put on my fuzzy socks, put on Lee Greenwood's Christmas CD (another childhood favorite) and get busy. It's days like this when I wish I knew how to knit--seriously, I don't know what's happening to me. I've got some nesting instinct or something going on. Just think of all the cute little things I could make for gifts if I knew how to knit! There's a time and season for everything, so one of these days I will know how.


Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









3 comments:
Erika, most women feel the nesting instinct when they are pregnant. Is there something you are not telling me? Love Ryan
HA HA Ryan! No, I'm not pregnant, and if I was, well, I'd have a lot of explaining to do, wouldn't I!
Wow, I think this is your first blog comment...way to go! I guess you gotta do something to keep busy now that you have all this free time on your hands.
Cute...Ryans a blogger now!
He would be alot of fun to have around...your adorable children would just eat that up too.
Glad you got your finals over Ryan. Awesome your going to school.
My 2 oldest just finished their finals...they have been a bit stressed, and now I see the life coming back to them...like trying now to get Christmas for their families finished up.
Post a Comment