Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Friday, December 18, 2009

Finished at Last

PhotobucketI finally found a spot of time to finish my sewing today after I finished my work. Nothing too drastic today--lots of kidney stones and bladder infections. Fun. So now I can put my sewing machine away for a little while. I was getting tired of seeing my projects strewn here and there, incomplete. I mentioned a rocking chair I had picked up at the DI a couple months back. Well, I can't find the picture I took of "before", but it was a brown rocker with some toll-type painting on the top/back part, and came with a hideous homemade chairpad. It wasn't the most attractive piece of furniture, let's just say that. So I painted it in "White Corn" by Behr, distressed it a little with some steel wool and sand paper, then decided to make a pillow for it and make a new cover for the chair pad. I figured the chair pad was made to fit the rocker so I'd keep it. I got a discounted Pottery Barn pillow form from Downeast and made some of my "fake" vintage grain sacks. I'm no expert on sewing, pillow making, NOTHING like that, but I managed to get the project done and even though it's not perfect, it looks a ton better than it did sitting there all by its lonesome self in the DI.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Nicely done! I love the pillows! I noticed your green carpet in the picture. I had that same carpet only it was dark brown in my room growing up!!

Emily said...

I was going to say...love the carpet! Really, I really like that color. That rocker would go perfectly on my front porch..and did you use fabric paint? It is darling.

Heather said...

Super CUTE! GOOD JOB!!!!!!