Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Mouse Makeover/Homemade Gift Idea #3

I don't know about you, but our mousepad has seen better days. It seems like I just buy a new one and then the kids have scribbled on it. I found this cute idea here on how to give your mousepad a makeover. This could even make a good gift--buy some cheap mousepads (dollar store?), designer fabric, vintage fabric, or anything that suits you; some spray adhesive, some Fray Check, and you're set! It would be cute to give to someone who works at a desk wrapped up with some of their favorite munchies. This took me about 2 minutes to do, total instant gratification, and I love how it looks! I tried finding a fabric to match some cloth-covered files and organizers that I have from TJ Maxx, something with a flare of vintage. This fabric comes close. Maybe now the kids will have a little more respect for the mousepad. (I can only hope!) I can't help but glance over at the mousepad often while I do my transcription. I can't get over how much nicer it looks.
Before (pay no attention to the scratched up desk--one of these days I'll have a nice one)
Photobucket

After
PhotobucketPhotobucket

6 comments:

Nikki said...

DARLING!!!!

Heather said...

Ok, I was telling Kel the other day that I need a new mouse pad! I even started looking for one. I am going to make one like yours! Thanks for the CUTE idea! Great gift too!

Just a bed of roses said...

Thats a great make-over on the mousepad...isnt it neat that you can match it up for almost nothing too. Beautiful!

Emily said...

Love it!

Roger and Stephnie said...

You are amazing! That looks great!

Maddie and April Lloyd said...

Great idea! I am sitting here staring at the peeling and torn "Webkinz" character mousepad by my computer. This project is exactly what it needs!