Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Blown Away

Photobucket
That's what I was last night when we took the kids here to see Fiddler on the Roof. This is one of our favorite movies so when I heard Hale's was doing it I knew we just had to go. This is only our second play at Hale Centre Theatre but both times we came home just blown away. I especially liked Fiddler because you get so much--beautiful singing, all the fun dancing (wine bottles on hats and everything), cool effects, great costumes, and even a really, really good fiddler! So much talent rolled into one show-it was incredible. I can't stop thinking about it. I'm so happy my kids got to see it because it was just plain AMAZING. The opening number "Tradition" made my eyes water it was that good. And the part where Chava tries talking to her dad about her love for Vietka and then how he disowns her is really moving. You can feel the pain he and Golda are feeling. Truly amazing. Some of the actors were exactly like the ones in the movie, like Model. He was PERFECT. His voice was EXACT and the way he acted was EXACT. The only downfall for kids is that the play is a little long, so if you go to an earlier showing it might be better for kids so you don't get out so late. Oh, and there are two different casts--if you want the good one we saw get tickets for Monday, Wednesday, or Friday.

So I'm ranting and raving and telling you all this because if you live in Utah you MUST go see this!! You must or you're totally missing out. I'm not sure what tickets are left, but the play goes until April 10. I had to order our tickets last year, months in advance, to get our good front row seats on a Friday night. So go, now, run, right now, and check it out. Treat yourself to a wonderful show and you will not be disappointed!! This play will move you.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I can't WAIT!!!! I'm so glad you loved it! There is NOTHING more entertaining than a good play! What is next on your list?

Erika said...

Wish I could say it was Lion King you lucky dog!