
I have a long list of "projects" for me to do which I try to work on any chance I get. See, I have a dream. I have a dream and a vision of how I want to decorate my next house. I don't know when, I don't know where, but I can dream. I have paint colors picked out and some furniture make-overs already in the making. The DI and thrift stores are my best friend these days. Today I picked up a charming little footstool from a thrift store that I can't wait to make a slipcover for. I have my eye on a wingback chair at the DI that I really want for my b-day (I'd have to grab it fast though) so I can get a slipcover made for that too (I would never attempt that one myself). I have my childhood dining table sitting in our garage waiting for me to strip it down and bring it back to life. I also have a cute little end table that needs painting which I don't have room for now but will hopefully in the near future. I found some cheap Ralph Lauren napkins that are just the print I've been looking for to make some throw pillows for the said wingback. I also have an apron waiting to be finished and some linen fabric hanging around waiting to be made into a smock. I crochet at night to wind down and relax and am slowly learning new things there. The list goes on and on, but I'm sure excited to do some of these projects, especially now that the weather is getting a little nicer.
Well today I can scratch at least one of these projects off. I've had some vintage Japanese fabric for quite some time now that I found the perfect project for. I know how I at least want to do one of our bathrooms in our next house (wow, I get giddy just thinking of having more than one bathroom!). This fabric is perfect for it, and perfect for a new garment bag. Growing up, my parents always had a garment bag hanging on the back of their bathroom door to put dirties in. I always admired them for the respect they had and the fact that they just didn't throw them in the hamper with the rest of the dirty clothes. This always stuck with me, so about 2 years after we got married I asked my mom to make me one. It has served us well the past 11 years but it is time for a new one. I'm happy with the results, although I cut the hole a little big, but oh well. I always goof on something! I love the vintage wooden hanger--I think it makes it look extra special. This is so easy to make and can easily be used for a clothespin bag for any of you clothesline users out there. I used 1/2 yard fabric and some extra wide double fold bias tape, and voila!


Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









6 comments:
What a great idea and I LOVE the fabric! I think you and I would make one great house...after not being in my own house for 3 years, I can tell you, my list is long and varied with projects...but I will wait 3 more months before I start with the serious ones...like new tile in the bathroom and wainscotting everywhere! Salivating just thinking about it!
I am so proud of you! And jealous! I am a kept woman now. My time is not my own. I will be patient, though, and bide my time. Then look out craft world, here I come! You are quite crafty these days! Doesn't it feel good to create?!
Love it, love it, love it. Will you please show me how to do it?
Yes Evan! I can't think of when though! Next time I have a day off or on a Saturday? Or, if we get together the Saturday night of conference I could bring my sewing machine to Diane's and you bring your fabric!
you aound liek me! i have projects just lined up in my house waiting for something!my house is all 2nd hand! i just took my headboard off saturday and sanded it down and painted it. don't you just love bringing something older a new and different look!
ok that says YOU SOUND LIKE ME....this comment box on my computer is all screwed up
Post a Comment