
Are there certain brands you can't live without? (Heather your post got me thinking) Since Ryan went back to school and quit his job, I've bought a lot more generic stuff rather than the name brand. I cringe to even admit this, but yes, I am a Walmart shopper. I wish I could afford to go to the little guys, but overall, Walmart has what I need for a good price and being a working mother, a one-stop shopping center is all I have time for. So a lot of things I get are generic "Great Value" brand. BUT, there are certain things you just CANNOT substitute. There is certain make-up that I must have because the cheap stuff is just plain horrible. There are certain brands of shoes I must have because the cheapies are not nearly as comfortable, and I'm all about comfort. So here's my list of some of the things that came to mind. What are some brands that you can't live without?
~Heinz ketchup
~Jif peanut butter
~Secret deoderant
~Pantene shampoo & conditioner
~Cetaphil face wash & moisturizing cream (nothing helps my itchy face like this stuff does!)
~Grandma Sycamore's bread
~Best Foods mayo
~Cheerios
~Jell-O
~Venus razors
~Nivea lip "kiss of moisture" (this stuff feels so good!)
~Oil of Olay eye cream
~Oil of Olay Body Quench bath bar
~Neutragena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream (nothing works as good as this)
~Victoria Secret bras
~MAC foundation/concealer
~Vavoom Freezing Spray
~Kenra Thermal Protectant Spray
~4 brands of shoes I live in and can't live without: Asics, Keen, Dansko clogs, Birkenstocks.

Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









7 comments:
You gave me some really good ideas! You are my go to girl with products that is for sure! A brand I forgot about until last week was Salt Water Sandals!!! They are the best! I know you're kids are too "old" but Jenna isn't so I bought some on line! They have fun colors too! Another brand is of course Converse. I agree with your grocery store brands-Tillamook cheese is the BEST, Lite house dressings (Blue Cheese and Caesar, Caesar), Challenger butter...I'm starting to shop at Target more and more! I love getting good deals! They have really cute stuff too! I have a pair of wedges that I wear all the time and they are COMFY! So don't feel bad about Walmart! Oh, last time I was at Lyn's I picked up some Hempz self tanning lotion that smells divine! I'll let you know!
I'm with you on the food stuff! Somethings just can't be substituted! I love Kenra's hairspray. I have a GIANT bottle of it. It's the best I've used! For me, nothing beats a great pair of Levi's jeans.
I enjoy Target too, especially since they've been sending out their awesome coupon booklets. Last time I was in Lynn was raving about the Hempz tanning lotion to me too (she sure knows how to sell her products!). Yes, let me know what you think of it. No sun for me this summer!
My oldest son did a science project a couple years back on root beer. We are die hard A&W drinkers and most other brands just don't cut it. Especially Shasta or other store brands. Eww! He did a taste test to find out if we were root beer snobs or if we were right in believing that A&W was the best root beer around. As it turned out, he gave root beer samples to about 50 people and adults strongly favored A&W, while kids preferred generic. Go figure.
I also have to have Tillamook cheese and sour cream. I don't know that I'm super loyal to many other brands, but I'm sure as soon as I submit this comment I'll think of a few others.
i so agree! i am a walmart shopper too. but i can't afford not to be! i agree with the bread, venus razors, and victoria secret bras! they're so worth the extra $$$. the other brand i can't live without is huggies wipes and pampers diapers. i can't go generic on diapers and wipes! it's so not worth the laundry!
oh yes and i'm a target lover too. they have killer deals and super cute clothes!
One more brand I'm completely loyal to is Lypsyl lip balm. I love it because the oval shape is perfect for applying to fuller lips. Plus it's so smooth it doesn't leave a waxy coat like chapstick.
Post a Comment