Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Monday, March 8, 2010

Joy ride and a trophy to boot

Photobucket
The stress level has been pretty high around here lately, but luckily we were able to relax a little on Saturday and have a little fun. I gladly talk about the happy things that occur to try to take my mind off the not so happy things.

Basketball season is over, at least all the regular scheduled games. Pierce's team won all their games. We were ecstatic as was he. He was so thrilled to get a trophy at his game on Saturday--that's all he wanted all season long. He worked hard, as did his teammates. They totally rocked the house each game--I was very impressed. Pierce has a famous "leap" where he'll just burst out of nowhere and steal the ball in a twinkle of the eye. I didn't realize he could jump so high. All that trampoline jumping paid off I guess. Now his team goes to the play-offs with other cities around. Should be interesting and intense for sure.

We also had the joy Saturday of taking the Caddy out for a little spin. I call it the "beast of burden". It's a boat all right! Betcha never seen or heard a Caddy that moo's, barks, meows, clucks, and any other animal sound you can think of--hence the name on the license plate "cow-dlac". It also has a microphone if you can believe it. Gwen was our tour guide as we cruised down 1800 with the top down. Oh ya. Bet you're so jealous, hah! I think We were all laughing the whole time. The reason there's a microphone and animal sounds is because the car used to be used in Dairy Queen pageants and such. It's one of a kind and something else!

Here are a few pics for your viewing enjoyment. It was a beautiful day and we had to take advantage of it. There's one picture though, the "piece de resistance" not to be revealed until next month for a very special occasion in the Adams' household, but I think these ones are pretty cute too. Happy Manic Monday y'all. Time to get to work.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

7 comments:

Nikki said...

So cute! Go Pierce! I love Gretel's haircut! Where did you get the 'beast of burden'? That sounds like so much fun. There's nothing like driving with the top down. We had an old chevy blazer we'd take up to the mountains and cruise around in. Chris shot grouse out of it. It was so much fun. We sold it to pay for Chandler. Most days it was a good trade!!! hee hee hee!

Emily said...

K so it was warm enough it Utah to take these shots? Yeah!!! Hibernation has officially ended then right? Love the car, the kids and the scenery...except where are you? :( Hope you are hangin in there.

Erika said...

Yes, Emily, Spring is coming-it's so nice! We took the pics down our dirt road in a hay field.

The car is an "investment" of Ryan and his uncle's. They bought it from some lady in Salt Lake for a killer deal I guess. Kinda crazy!

Sister Adams said...

Those pictures turned out great! Terry and I had a great time taking a ride in the ole caddie with Ryan and the kids! Diane

Sherdene said...

Love the pics! The caddy is great! I think the kids are having just a little bit of fun getting their pictures taken. :)

Heather said...

I loved your description of the "cruise" together! Sounds hilarious! Sweet car!!!! So can I still use it with Bren this spring for a shoot? Seriously LOVE it! I want a vintage car sooooooo bad! It's my dream!!!! Pierce ROCKS! I'm so happy for him! It's always good to be on the winning team! He has some serious "skills" that boy! Love ya!

Dorri said...

Erika, you need to teach one of your kids to take pictures too, so you can get some of you and Ryan. And seriously, that car is AWESOME!! I love it. Oh and the pictures of the kids and Ryan are cute.