No work today (feast or famine lately) so I'm doing a little cleaning out today. Computer pictures first, then I'll move on to my frightfully disheveled, oh-so-small closet. Looking through pictures is always fun because family = joy, and that's all there is to it. No matter what battle we are fighting, we can still have joy and wonderful times with our families. For the past couple of months we've all been a support to one another and have become so aware of eachother's feelings and needs through our challenges. Even the smallest of blessings has been noticed. From my 12-year-old to my 7-year-old, I'm feelin' the love on a daily basis, whether it be one of them playing with my hair while I work on the computer, or offering to help someone else with homework or piano or violin so I don't have to, or someone just coming to me with a hug and saying they love me, or someone seeing when I'm extra stressed and asking me if there's anything they can do for me, or chores being done without complaint, or just doing things without being told--these things all do my heart good. What would I do without my kids? And I should also mention my 35-year-old too, because he has been so good to me. It's like he can read my mind. He just knows what I need. And that's how a family should work. We have our fair share of fighting and arguing, but really, life is good.
These are some of my favorite pictures from the past few months, in no particular order. Some are family, some are not. Some I took, some I did not. But they all speak to me for different reasons.

Our January birthday boy-7 years

My cute 35-year-old back when he was 11-years-old--looks like Pierce, no?

I love watching Christian's mouth when he talks with his two front teeth missing. I like listening to the little whistles that come out when he says his S's

Easter joy (Accutane is working fabulously by the way-it's so nice)

This picture makes me smile. 5 of the 8 Dale girls (9 Nikki!)--2 more were there, I wish I got them in the picture!

Ryan visiting. Reminds me of a statue we all know, n'est pas?

Oh how we love our handsome menfolk!

Easter 2010

Me and my sweet Daddy who just turned 70! I still can't believe it.

Another violin recital under our belts "Gavotte in G Minor" and "La Folia". It was beautiful.

"Sisters are Forever Friends"--one of Leslie's favorite quotes. Ain't that the truth.

35 and still kickin' Ü No more medicine and blood counts are good!! Yay!

Brave little Tilly

Sooo like his Dad!

Love this apron. Anthropologie.

Reflections award--theme was "Beauty". Gwen wrote poem about the ocean. (thanks Evan!)

Silly Uncle Kevin. He's one of a kind that's for sure!

Crocheted baby gift--Martha Stewart--love the red and white, would love to try making these

I love this. Makes me wish I had a huge garden again.

Grape hyacinth. I love the purple against the white, and I like my cute little Martinelli's bottle from the Thrift store. I wish I could still buy Martinelli's in those cute little things, or do they still sell them?

I've had this picture forever. I think Gwyneth's hair is grown out now, but don't you just LOVE her haircut here?

To me this one feels like summertime. I love the farmhouse peeking through in the background

Love the curtains instead of doors on the cabinets. If I could have my way (someday) I would have this in my bathroom and kitchen under the sink

Cute

One of my little dreams is to one day have a real antique windsor chair

Mario Brothers by Pierce

I know this may be a little Christmasy, but it is just so appealing to me--it has a springy feel to it with the bright green and white

It's not too often I see Ryan with a rolling pin so I had to seize the moment. We made a boat load of play-doh for a community science activity at Weber State

My kitchen someday. Love every single thing about it. See the cute curtain under the sink? Love it!
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









3 comments:
Hey Erika, love the pictures. You have such a beautiful family. Love the one of you and your sisters. Aren't sisters the best. I just got back from spending a little bit of time with 3 of mine. Hope that things contiune to improve. Love you, email me sometime. Tell Ryan I said HI!
Miss you guys. Loved the easter pics. I am sick. Chris gave it to me. Hope I don't get Em sick and hope I get some TLC like you have been getting! Isn't it true it's the little things. Families really are the best.
I love ALL of your pictures! Yes, pierce looks exactly like Ryan at his age! Fun to see what you are up to.
Post a Comment