Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My own personal hairdresser

From time to time the kids will come in the office while I'm working saying that they're bored. I'll then say, "You can play with my hair!" So each of them have done this from one time or another. Some get more involved than others. Gretel enjoys using a spray bottle of water and some mousse. She's surprisingly done some cute hairstyles. Christian likes to get a cold curling iron and pretend he's curling my hair. Pierce prefers to not use the brush and has a way of getting all the tangles out in a forceful yet not hurtful way. And Gwen...oh Gwen. She's my little wondergirl. I don't even have to ask her to play with my hair. Lately it's been almost a daily occurrence and she'll just come in and do it, especially when she knows I need it and I've been working a long time. Gwen is my own personal hairdresser. She can do things that I cannot. I'm lucky if I can do a decent french braid in her hair, yet she can do that and so much more on mine. And she's only 12! This girl needs to give me lessons.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Wow! That's impressive! So nice that they do something to relieve your stress. I asked Chan to rub my back yesterday while he was sitting by me. Each time he sat by me, he would rub it again! I was in heaven.

Jen Howick said...

geesh! can she come do my girls hair? I do the same thing everyday cuz I don't know what else to do! That's amazing!

Afton said...

Wow! I'm going to try that line next time my kids say they are bored. I bet you anything my hair won't come out looking like yours.

Sarah said...

Gwen told me to check out all of her hairstyles that you posted. Wow! So amazing. She is such an incredible and talented girl. I sure love her to death. She's promised to french braid and hopefully give us some hair tips at girls camp. Can't wait, I need all the help I can get :)

ps. You have the most gorgeous hair ever.