I can't stop shaking. Can this really be happening? It all seems so surreal, even though we've been waiting for so long for it to happen. It has happened. You know what I'm talking about. That's right, we have an announcement to make. A big one. No, we're not having a baby. I'm sure you know that that's not what I'm talking about. No, this feels much bigger than that if you can believe it.
You ready???
Are you sure you can handle this exciting news???
Well,
here
it
goes....
We will be moving (I can't believe I can finally say this for sure)!!!! We are overwhelmed with joy to put it very mildly. I'm sure neighbors from miles around could hear our hooping and hollering when we got the news. We are thrilled beyond belief. Seriously, a miracle has taken place in our lives and we all watched it unfold. What a glorious thing. This is the Lord's doing for sure, and boy does He work in mysterious ways. After the emotional roller coaster we have been on for so long, we are finally to the next step. Ryan got accepted to medical school. Like I said, this is a huge step for us to all take together, because we're moving somewhere totally unfamiliar to us all. No, we will not be staying in Utah. Ryan was placed on the wait list at the U. Soooo, our only other option (you can see why we were so stressed with only 2 options out of 20, which baffles me since Ry's application was excellent, but that's a whole other story) as most of you know, is Virginia. Well folks, Virginia came through for us. They're the lucky ones who get to have Ryan for 4 years and we're the lucky ones who get to go live there!! Ryan just called me from Virginia with the wonderful news. I still can't believe it. We could not be happier. We absolutely love what we know of Virginia and have talked about it for months like it's our home away from home. It's a beautiful place with so much to offer. We are very eager to make it our new home and to get to know the people and the Latter-Day Saints there.
There are 3 medical schools in Virginia. Ryan will be attending EVMS, which is Eastern Virginia Medical School, located on the Southeast coast in Norfolk. This is a great area where when visiting we felt at home. Norfolk is near Virginia Beach, an area just perfect for our kids. This is an area just flowing with rich American history (John Smith first landed on Virginia Beach), as is all of Virginia. We can't wait to explore it with the kids. I know we have lots of fun outings and trips ahead of us and I can hardly wait.
From day one of our promptings to go back to school, we prayed that the Lord would direct us to where we needed to be. I can't tell you how many times I cried thinking of leaving my mom and dad and sisters, and asked myself how I could tear my kids away from everything they know and love? Believe me, it tormented me, because I knew we'd most likely have to move out-of-state for medical school. The past 3.5 years have really put us through the ringer but in such a good way. Lots of tears, lots of late-night talks, lots of hard work on Ryan's part, lots of pleading with the Lord, and here we are. I still can't believe we made it. I have to be honest and say that there were times when I doubted--doubted the promptings in the first place, doubted our ability to pull this off, doubted that Ryan would get in after so much rejection. And I tried my hardest to have faith and hope. I have learned a lot through this little experience. The Lord has been so good to us. It's wonderful to know that this is where He wants us. We know it without a doubt. He has led us by the hand to this very point. After the faith proceeds the miracle. Thank you all for your prayers and support. We're surrounded by so much love and it means a lot.
So now comes the next step--finding a house. I have been on the lookout for quite a few months now, familiarizing myself with the market there and the possibilities. Call me crazy, I know. But we have always felt good about Virginia and it was so fun dreaming about a home there. Now that dream is a reality! I have a feeling things are going to get a little crazy but I will gladly hop on this crazy ride because we are ON OUR WAY BABY!!!!!!!

Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









11 comments:
Erika, I am seriously crying!! I am so excited for your family! We could not be happier for you. Maybe we will have to make a drive to Virgina to visit. Good luck with packing and house hunting. You will be lead to the house that is perfect for your family. He has a plan for your cute family in Virgina. Congrats!!
Oh happy day! I'm all choked up! So glad it has finally happened!!! I feel like I've been on the journey with you. I AM SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!! See you next weekend! I'll hug you tight then.
YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I have a lump in my throat and tears burning my eyes, wanting out! I can't tell you how much this means to see what you've been through and all the hard work and sacrifice and now you can reap the rewards! We are all very happy and excited for your family, for Ryan! You will all grow so much in a new place and we WILL come visit! Love ya!!!!! (I'm glad you blogged your journey...and will continue too!)
that was Heather (not Bailey although she is really happy for you too!)
I'm soooo happy and excited for all of you! Please tell Ryan congrates for me! Our prayers have been answered-I know that-even as I type, I'm wiping away the tears-tears, because we will miss all of you soooo much, but also tears because I know how wonderful this great adventure is going to be for you and your family. The special opportunity to live in the mission field for a time-will not only bless your whole family-but I have this special feeling-that your family will be an amazing blessing for some honest in heart people-just waiting for the blessing of meeting the Adams' family! I know your children will come back home here with stronger testimonies of the gospel and they will be great examples for all of their classmates! Please keep us up to date with the blog and e-mails! Have Ryan ask a Bishop out there for a Real Estate agent in the ward or stake. That is what Brig did and it was such a great blessing for them. Their agent came here with his 19 year old missionary son, just before he entered the MTC-and we got to thank him and feed them Sunday dinner! The gospel bless our lives in ways we can't even imagine! I know all of you will love it in Virgina and when it's time to come home, there will be many tears shed, by all of you and all of those in Virginia that have grown to love the Adams Family! Set up Skype with a camera and your kids won't miss out on all of the family parties back here! We just saw our kids yesterday and it is sooo fun! I couldn't do it without the Skype! I'm just so happy and excited for all of you! Love you sooooo much! debbie
Wonderful news! So glad you know where your next step will be taking you. So hard not to be up in the air for so long. I'm very sorry it isn't Oregon you will be moving to, but my sister lives in Richmond and she loves the area. I'm sure you will too. Such a great opportunity to be on the other side of the country for a while and see some things that would be much harder to see otherwise ( church and American history sites, etc.) Congratulations!!!
That is such great news. I'm so happy for you. So when do you move? Tyler and Reagan are moving this week to Virginia, but I don't know what area they are going too. Good luck and keep us updated.
Yeah! We are so happy for you to finally be on your way:)
Thank you everybody!! You are all so sweet!!!!!!!
congrats! I look forward to continuing to follow your blog all the way out in Virgina! I can only imagine the pictures you will post out there. Way to go, Ryan! (though when I was first reading that you guys had applied to the U I got kinda excited because I don't live too far from the U - alot of my neighbors are in medical school at the U so that would have been super fun!)
Erica and family...I too was hoping you would get to live on the East coast with your family.
Congratulations and good luck with everything.
You're family will surely be missed, so we'll have to enjoy your experience on this blog.
So very happy about this!
Post a Comment