Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sail Away

Summer is slowly slipping away but the beach is still a wonderful place to be found these days. It is our Saturday morning escape after a hectic week. Just the drive there alone is enough therapy and "sailing away" for me.

This past Saturday was a little breezy so we all know what that means--well yes, our umbrella blew over a few times, but the wind also brought lots of sailboats out on the water! It was a beautiful site to behold. Dolphins and sailboats, does it get any better?

These sailboats inspire me. I have brought a little of them into our home with a sailboat pillow and the nautical theme going on in the family room, but I wanted to bring more. You can never have too many sailboats, can you? So I found this idea online--driftwood sailboats. I wanted to make one for our family room, but also I thought these would make great gifts (inexpensive) for birthdays or Christmas (yes it is that time to start thinking about Christmas!) as a momento from us east coasters. So if you live on the coast and have access to driftwood this is perfect. And if you don't have access to some--ebay or etsy sells it. And speaking of ebay, I am happy to have won an old boat oar--really wanted two, didn't win the other one, but I love what this adds to the family room wall also. And in response to Afton's previous comment, yes, it is so wonderful to have the internet where we can share our ideas and find all sorts of help for us homemakers! Can't imagine life without it now!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

0 comments: