
I don't know what's wrong with me. Halloween is almost here and do I have any decorations up? No. Do I know what we are all going to dress up as? No. All I could get myself to muster up for decor thus far is one lousy pumpkin sitting on our front porch. And I have a feeling that costumes this year are going to be last minute rummaging through the costume box and recycling what we have and/or making a quick trip to the thrift store just down the street. I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but can we just skip Halloween and move on over to Thanksgiving? Now that's a holiday I am really looking forward to. I just don't have time for Halloween shenanigans this year. Bah Humbug, I know.
So here I am. The beginning of a new week. Lots to do. Not much time to write, so here are some recent pictures of what's been going down at the Adams household. Ryan was home for most of the day Saturday (yippee!), first time since school started in August. We loved every minute of it. Saturday's are just so much more fun when he is around! We had a great time working together in the yard, and I had a great time taking some shots with my camera.

The 3 fruit trees Ryan planted: Sungold nectarine, Belle of Georgia peach, and Golden delicious apple. He couldn't resist.

I am amazed at how big plants get here. This same planter I used in Utah and my flowers NEVER did well in it. Oh, and a tip: This planter used to be black. I got a cheap can of spray paint from Wally's and voila! I like it better.

Little father/son lesson on how to check the pressure in tires. Good stuff.

I was so happy to see these bulbs come up! I had totally forgotten about them. I think I planted them this past winter and they didn't do much. I guess the Virginia rain and humidity have worked their magic!

The back deck

Shell chimes from my mama~love 'em

I think of you Erin every time I look at this! Ü Love this cute little enamel sign from TJ Maxx.

A good match of tetherball never hurt anyone

My cute leaf-blower man

Need a picture of Tilly in here! Doin' the skippit!

And a picture of Gwen, but this was all I got of her Saturday--pictures she had me take of her body parts for a geometry assignment!

I lied! We DO have some Halloween decorations up! Spider webs with fat, juicy spiders, lots of them!

Pierce made a haunted castle out of his legos. Pretty cool.

This is what I wake up to on a typical morning--the remains of some late-night studying. Here he was studying all the facial nerves.

Another typical morning sight-is there anything cuter than seeing your man in scrubs?

Squirrel-proof bird feeder my foot! Guess I need to spend more money on one with a dome on top. Sneaky little devils!!

Our ginormous oak tree. She's given us some big, beautiful autumn leaves, some of which Gretel and I collected on Saturday for decoration. More to come on that!
Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









0 comments:
Post a Comment