Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Monday, October 11, 2010

Autumn on the Atlantic

Photobucket
There is something romantical about frolicking on the beach in a white dress. We finally made it to the famous Sandbridge Saturday afternoon and it was most definitely worth the extra drive. I know I've said it before but I'll say it again, Virginia is beautiful. And I still find myself saying to Ryan, "We're really in Virginia!" and "You're really going to medical school!" Still can't believe we made it. We are still so amazed with this place and I wish I had more time to go venture out and see all there is to see. Thank goodness we're going to be here a long while.

Knowing that Saturday was going to be beautiful and calm with zero wind and low tide, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to take a family photo (Thanksgiving/Christmas cards here we come) and some "school" photos of the kids since they are majorly expensive here and there was no way I was going to pay that kind of money for mediocre pictures. It was hard keeping the kids out of the water until we were done taking pictures, especially the boys. Gwen has a friend in our ward who loves photography so we snatched her up and took her with us. She did awesome for a 14-year-old! I took a few of the kids but she did most of it. Here's a sneak peak of us on the gorgeous Sandbridge Beach, which as of now is my favorite beach in Virginia Beach.
Photobucket
We were at a stop light right here and a black cat just happened to be walking by, so appropriate with the pumpkins!
Photobucket
Photobucket
8th grade (high school next year!!!! Freaking out just a little!)
Photobucket
My handsome 6th grader who unfortunately the girls at church like to chase
Photobucket
Pretty Tilly is in 3rd grade and is as sweet as ever
Photobucket
2nd grade for Christian this year. I love this picture. He's always happy and jolly and everyone loves him especially the missionaries and all the teenage girls at church who are always giving him hugs and putting his picture on their cell phones!
Photobucket
Thanks Ryan for letting us steal you away. The life of a medical student leaves little room for excursions such as this.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Miquell got some good ones of Gwen-love the golden light from the sun setting in this one.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

Roger and Stephnie said...

Those pictures are beautiful! What great scenery and of course, a gorgeous family to go with it! You all look like you are really enjoying Virginia! :)

Nikki said...

OOOOHH!! Love the pics!!!

Emily said...

awesome!!!

WheelersFamily said...

Love the pictures. Gwen is growing up. She is such a doll. We miss her in Young Woman's.
The beach pictures are awesome. Love the one with you and Ryan. You are an amazing couple.

blog n' tell said...

Beautiful pictures of a darling family....you are so blessed!!