
The kids and I had fun transforming our home into something special for the Christmas season and it has been such a joy for me! It has made me so happy to have my own home again, I can't even tell you! The festivities have already begun, first with the RS progressive dinner (dessert was at our house), gingerbread house building, and gift and card making. And I just know our ward Christmas party this Friday night will really make it feel like Christmas! The advent calendar is in full swing and is great motivation for the kids to get up out of bed each morning...sometimes the ONLY thing that will get them out of bed! The Christmas books (all our old ones) have been rewrapped and are under the tree, the first one was chosen last night to read together, "The Elves and the Shoemaker." Secret Elves are in full force with many good deeds and secret notes being left around the house. Gifts have been wrapped and neighbor/friend gifts have been made just waiting to be delivered once Ryan gets done with finals (no baking this year, something else I'll tell you about later). Christmas music plays just about 24/7 around here. And to top things off, we even got some light flurries of snow last Saturday evening. Nothing stuck, but it was snow nonetheless! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Home Depot had the best trees! It took us like 3 seconds to find one! That's my kind of trip to the Depot-short and sweet.


Gretel's favorite decoration-the mop doll


Mmmm, cinnamon!

I am totally mad for plaid so when looking for a Christmassey tablecloth, this one was love at first sight. It's from Target.

Love the fresh cedar garland from Home Depot. I put some on my mantle and piano also.


Santa! I have to smell him each year. Smells just like the one we had when I was little. Smells can bring back memories like nothing else!


One can never have too many pointsettias!


Ya, you better watch out Christian, you little naughty one! (long story...involves a temper tantrum and throwing something nasty from his nose on Gwen of which I had to scrape off for her!)


Emily's Corn Cakes With Black Beans
10 years ago









4 comments:
So pretty! I completely forgot about the story of the shoemaker and the elves. Is that really a christmas story? Because it's wonderful. We have to bring a Christmas story to share at our next book club meeting and I was going to do O Henry's "The Gift of the Magi," but I might have to re-read "shoemaker."
Your house is looking so cozy for the holidays.....cute decor...I think I can smell those cinnamon pine cones from here..YUMMY!
OH..almost forgot! Thanks so much for the darling christmas card! I am still working our ours. YOUR's is simlpy amazing...loved the beach background.
Hi Erika! Your house looks wonderful! How fun to decorate your new home!!! Loved your Christmas card!!! I need your address!
Post a Comment