Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Season

My mind has been swirling nonstop with all the joy this Christmas season brings. And you know the thing that puts the biggest smile on my face these days? To have Ryan home. I can breathe. I can relax. I don't have to get up from my work if I don't want to and face the after-school whirlwind (tomorrow is the last day of school). Ryan is home for two weeks to ease my load and take over for a little while! So nice. Our intentions of minimizing schedules and simplifying this Christmas have proven to be very rewarding. No stress. No rush. Just us and the occasional family outing to spice things up. The peace I feel has brought clarity to my mind. There is nothing more humbling than to read the story of Christ's birth with little ones nearby giving ear. For this reason alone, it is truly the most wonderful time of the year!

So to make this brief, I've been meaning to post a couple recipes on Delicious Dales that have simply knocked our socks off lately. For neighbor/friend gifts this year I canned Jalapeno Jelly and gave it with a block of cream cheese and a box of Triscuit crackers (because that is how it MUST be eaten--so delicious) with a cute, cheesy little poem to boot. For the older people who I thought might like something a little more on the traditional side, I found the most scrumptious recipe for Lemon Poppy Seed Bread, of which we are officially addicted! So if you are in need of a last minute idea for something quick and easy, this bread is so perfect. Happy gifting!
Photobucket

1 comments:

Nikki said...

jalapeno jelly is rockin'. I love that stuff. I'll have to try my hand at it some time.