Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Winter Wonderland

Photobucket
Snowed in and loving every minute of it! Christmas night as we went to bed, we looked out the window to a pleasant surprise...snow, lots of it. We got about 13 inches--VB hasn't seen this much since 1984. The roads are ice and the city has come to an abrupt halt. What better time than now to be snowed in! It has caused me to become even more of a birdwatcher from our windows. My very favorite is the cardinal. It's bright red plumage up against the pure white snow is simply gorgeous. Virginia Beach is proving to have quite the diverse climate, more so than what we were used to in Utah, especially since this Sunday it's supposed to get up to almost 60 degrees. Very unpredictable and full of surprises!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

Emily said...

Gorgeous!

Afton said...

I love the cardinal! I wish we got them out here. I also wish we got snow. Maybe a little tonight? The kids need to get some sledding in before they head back to school.

Nikki said...

Hello! I love getting snowed in!!! It happened in Driggs almost every winter. Once the power was out, too, and that was scary, but otherwise it's usually fun. I just noticed on the pic of your family by the ocean all the kids wet pants!! So classic kid. And cute. Glad your Christmas was nice. Ours was. We were supposed to get a huge storm, too, but we only got a little rain. That's ok by me. BUT, down south they did get it and it kept us from going to Grammy's for new years. BOOOO!