Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Sunny

Last Monday Me, Ryan, and Gretel drove 5 hours down to Gold Hill, NC, to purchase and pick-up the latest addition to our family. Gretel has been wanting a puppy for a couple years now, but the timing was never right. Gretel (as well as myself) has been searching high and low online for quite some time now to find the perfect puppy for her upcoming 12th birthday. There was specific criteria this puppy needed to meet, such as it being a female, low price, hypoallergenic, non-shedding, small, and just the right cute face-nothing with a long nose Ü. Gretel knew exactly what she wanted, so once we came across these puppies in North Carolina, we knew we had to go for it, even if it was indeed 5 hours one way to get the little bugger. When we arrived, it only took Gretel maybe 2 seconds to know which puppy she wanted. It was a quick transaction and then we were on our way back home...5 more hours of driving. But let me tell you, it was well worth it. Gretel held her all the way home. She named her Sunny. Sunny is a Pekingese-Shih Tzu mix, aka Peki-Tzu, and boy does she have the cutest little face! She was 9 weeks old when we got her. We couldn't be happier with this new little puppy in our home. I never, ever thought I would have an indoor dog, but she is so much fun. Who needs to spend money on entertainment when we can just sit and watch her play all night? I do admit, though, that it is like having a baby in the house again. I get up at least twice with her to take her potty and let her nibble on some food...which has definitely made me more tired in the day (I don't have the heart to wake up Gretel). It has been a learning experience for all of us, but I have to say that Sunny has brought so much love into our home. Who would have thought? We all love her so much, I can see now why people consider their pets their children, as silly as it always used to seem to me. When I handed her over to the groomer the other day, I felt like I was handing my baby over and got a little worried and sad! Can you believe it? A few things I love about Sunny-the way she pounces on her toys (she can really get some air!), the way she breathes through her little pug nose, the way she likes to dig up mushrooms in the backyard (hopefully not poisonous!) and then makes me chase her to get it out of her mouth, and the way she let's me hold her in my arms and cuddle with her, like a baby. Gretel's friend calls her Sunny Day, so we decided her full name should be Sunny Day Adams, ha ha! The Sesame Street Theme Song can often be heard being sung around our house. She is our little ray of sunshine. She is her own little spirit and I am thankful for this little bundle of energy! Happy early birthday, Gretel!

10 weeks old




Ya, I would run from those scary clogs too!




















0 comments: