Serendipity. Look for something, find something else,
and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs
than what you thought you were looking for.

~Lawrence Block

Monday, September 16, 2013

Utah/Sweet 16


Fourth year started for Ryan this summer...can't believe he's almost done...time seems to vanish so quickly these days. Residency applications are officially turned in...25 of them. Those 25 apps cover 11 states: AZ, VA, UT, NM, NV, OR, MA, CA, CO, IA, TX. We shall see. So me and the kids were very fortunate to be able to make a trip out to Utah for 2 weeks. It was Pierce and Gretel's first time flying, which was an exciting experience for them. I purposely planned the trip so we could celebrate Gwen's Sweet 16 there amongst her cousins at Heather's in Bear Lake. It felt so good to see and hug Dad and Mom again and my sisters and their families. Man how I've missed them. In 2 years' time, all the nieces and nephews have grown and changed so much. With one on a mission, a few in college, and the youngest of the bunch almost 4 years old, it makes me happy to see them all progressing, but sad that there are no more babies. Anyway, to make a long story short, I gained 5 lbs from all the delicious food that constantly surrounded me and found its way into my belly; I got a lot of rest and good down time with my parents; I spent more money than I should have shopping with my sisters and Gwen; but I left feeling so grateful for the time we had there with family and so grateful for their spoiling us so much and doing so much for us to make our stay the best ever.

Chillin' at lake house

Erin being studious

Kona cookie delight!



Heather's shrimp and grapefruit salad with roasted yams and lemon vinaigrette



Gretel, Gwen, Bailey, Sienna, Devyn, Sarah


We were getting strange looks but who cares!




6 of the 10 Dale Girls



After church, Bear Lake


Mom made Gwen her deluxe oreo cake, heaven!

Gwen's birthday dinner



Sweet 16 and never been kissed!

Grammy's basil cream chicken, Gwen's fav



Loft craziness


You are never too old for a pinata. Grammy filled it with make-up, school supplies, gum & chocolate...just the right stuff! 


16 pints of ice cream...one for each of us!






Tried to write "GWEN"


Brown sugar buttermilk waffles with fresh Pettingill peaches, whipped cream, and Mom's apricot syrup








Kara, Emily, Andy

Grady, Laurel, Audrey

Erin, Zach, Grady


Pierce & Reeve

Bountiful Temple

Plates & Palates, Bountiful

Christian & Reeve on Grampy's bike

Mother/daughter

Christian & Owen

Adams gathering-Sherdene, Taylor, Me, Teacy, Cami

Norfolk airport

Owen, Reeve, Holly


Dad & Holly, Salt Lake Temple

Heather's divine lunch

Grammy and some of her granddaughters

One whole cooler dedicated strictly to ice cream

Gwen, Sarah, Bailey, jam session

The kids had major allergies being back in Utah

Salt Lake Temple


One of our morning walks up to Hwy 89



1 comments:

Nikki said...

I am so sad I missed that girls weekend! I was sad before I saw the pictures, but now I am REALLY sad! Glad you had a great time. Can't believe how big the kids are! How did that happen? Aren't we still just newlyweds?